Marketing Through Covid-19
During this challenging and uncertain time, we are here for you. We completely understand how this pandemic changes business operations by the hour and has very complex effects on your business.
In order to support you and your business effectively, we have compiled the following list of COVID-19 resources and welcome a call with you in order to provide individual business consultation to determine the next steps for your marketing plan. Since this may be a chaotic time, both personally and professionally, this offer for a consult is open for as long as our communities are affected and can be scheduled at your convenience.
If you need assistance with any communications with your clients or customers, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Whether it is changing ads, writing social posts together, or adjusting budgets on campaigns, we are here to help you.
To that end, please see these basic COVID-19 tips for social media:
- Monitor your social media carefully. Make sure you are using reputable sources to share information.
- Information is constantly being updated, so date your posts and information that you share to ensure that your posts will not look incorrect if something changes.
- Stay calm and focused during this time. Clients and customers may mirror what you’re giving them.
- If there is an event you need to cancel, consider hosting a webinar instead.
- Communicate any changes to your business hours, operations, or services.
- Review and adjust your social media strategy as needed. This could be something that needs to be reviewed daily even as things are constantly changing.
- Check-in periodically so that your customers and clients still see your posts and they keep you front of mind. Especially if you are open and changing the services you are providing.
- Be prepared for questions and concerns that your customers may ask. Consider drafting a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) that your customers or clients may be concerned about.
- Find local resources to follow for updates in your area, while also keeping tabs on national news as well.
Please check your local resources for up-to-date information and guidance. Here are a few that may be useful for your business:
Local News Resources:
Government & Health Resources:
CDC Website & Socials:
World Health Organization:
- Washington State Department of Health – Coronavirus
- Idaho Department of Health – Coronavirus
- Montana Department of Health and Human Services – Coronavirus
As always, we are honored to be a part of your business family and sympathize in your anxiety and concern over the unknown effects this will have on your business, both short and long term. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help take the burden off you and your business.
Please stay safe and healthy and know that we are here to support you, now and in the future.
Wendy May and all of us here at Triple-Nine Digital